Following the government’s announcement that Buckinghamshire (and a large part of the UK) are now under the highest COVID alert level, the organisers have taken the sad decision to postpone this year’s planned BRKC in January.
Despite comprehensive plans to ensure the event could continue to run safely, the restrictions announced on the 17th December now make it extremely difficult for drivers to legally travel to Milton Keynes. Nobody should feel like they need to break the rules to attend – nor can we run a viable event when there is a good chance that many drivers may be unable attend at short notice.
We were already looking at a BRKC that did not include our usual contingent of European drivers, which in itself is a big blow to the event. However, as the pool of potentially eligible drivers has now decreased further, we feel that the a January event is no longer possible.
This has not been an easy decision to make, but given the situation has changed so rapidly in the last few weeks alone, it is the right one under the circumstances.
However, we are looking at alternative plans for BRKC 2021 which will be announced soon. For now, Formula Fast itself is permitted to stay open, so if you are local to the circuit please do support us where you can, as we will continue to run Members events (with full COVID measures in place).
Those who have already entered BRKC will be refunded in full.
We very much look forward to welcoming you all back to the track in what we hope is a more positive 2021. We will keep you all posted on our plans via email and social media updates.
In the meantime, we wish you all a safe and happy Christmas and New Year.